- Visit Us
- Next Steps
- Kids and Youth
Calvary Church Coronavirus Update
Right now as I write this post, I am in my house while my boys run around outside in the rain. If I hear “It wasn’t me” one more time, there might be a global crisis over here! Pray for me ;). All jokes aside, I wanted to share with you some of the ministry our members and leaders have been doing over the last week.
- We are praying for the many medical professionals who are a part of our community (Please pray with us!). Today, I spoke with a doctor who is part of our church who was significantly exposed to the virus at work Monday. He is self-quarantined for the next 14 days. Please pray for him, his health and his family.
- A group of volunteers has or will call every person 65 and older who is part of Calvary Church. These volunteers will stay connected with those they call throughout the crisis. The volunteer checks in, asks if there are any needs and prays for the person or couple. We want to make sure that those who are most vulnerable to this virus know that they are not alone.
- We have begun to receive additional food and supply requests from people effected by the virus. These requests are from families in Orland Park. We will continue to reach out to them and serve them throughout the crisis. Please share this link with anyone who is in need of groceries or essential household supplies.
- We are beginning to receive requests from persons who are struggling with anxiety and fear. Each person who asks, meets with a pastor virtually or over the phone. We also have a team of Stephen Ministers who will be ‘tapped for service’ as we go forward. If you know of anyone in need of pastoral counseling or a listening ear, please share this link.
- There have been some members that do not have the ability to watch Sunday services. This is because they either do not have a computer or internet access. We are reaching out and seeing if we can help connect them to our larger online community.
- The staff has been creating spaces for community online. From Sunday morning worship to daily devotionals, thousands of people are meeting the God of Hope through the ministry of Calvary Church. You can always see services and engage content on our website, https://www.thisiscalvary.org . Please take a look and share the content and services that you think will serve your friends and family.
Be kind to your family, serve your neighbors and pray for our leaders. May God intervene in the days ahead.
Standing with you in hope,
p.s. The ministry of Calvary Church is supported by you. Please give and may He supply all your needs according to his riches and glory. You can give here.