It is time to begin worshiping again in our building starting this Sunday, July 12th. The church is meant to be together; we are the gathered people of God. Over the last few months, we have been working very hard to make gathering in person again possible and safe. We are now confident that we have a plan in place that minimizes risk for being infected by COVID-19 and enables us to once again worship together. Though there will be changes in the way we gather, it is another step toward being fully together.
Here are the details:
- Service times will be 8:30am and 10:30am through the summer.
- Capacity is limited to 100 persons per service as recommended by the CDC and the Illinois Health Department. We suggest getting a ticket so that you and your family have a reserved spot. We will try and seat you if you do not have a ticket, but seating is not guaranteed without a ticket. Tickets can be obtained HERE:
- Persons who live in the same household can sit together. The Worship Center is arranged so that separate households are at least 6 feet away from one another.
- The parts of the building that are used for services will be disinfected before and after each service.
- Attendees over the age of 8 are required to wear masks while entering and exiting services. They are optional during the service.
- A temperature check will be required before entering the building. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be allowed inside the building.
- After the temperature check, each household will be ushered directly to their seats in the Worship Center. We also ask that you leave immediately after the benediction and exit the building.
- Please practice social distancing with other households.
- If you are sick—have a cough, sore throat, fever or other COVID-like symptoms—please stay home.
- If you are in a high-risk group, please take extra caution when coming to an indoor service. Though we have done all we can to minimize risk, in-person, indoor gatherings elevate your risk of contracting COVID-19. We will continue to stream our services live.
It is our hope that the move to in-person, inside services will be permanent but please keep in mind that this is a constantly changing situation. COVID-19 is still an active pandemic in the community. We will continue to follow the recommendations of local, state and/or federal authorities. We will seek to keep you updated with any changes as soon as we learn about them.
We are so excited to be together.
Christ’s blessings on you all,